I say that MLB make viewing "A League of Their Own" a requirement each spring training. And maybe at the All-Star break for those with short memories:
- Yesterday the Cubs were scheduled to play against the Padres at the last Hall of Fame EXHIBITION game. Note the emphasis on exhibition. The vets on the Cubs (I assume the Padres as well) griped about having to use their day off to play a game that "means nothing"...nothing to the standings, but I'm sure a lot to the fans of upstate NY, New England, and the economy of the Cooperstown area. What do they get for their whining? A rain out. Yup, even the baseball gods were upset enough to really show them what a meaningless game looks like. Cubbies...we're on a roll, let's not upset the baseball gods! Plus for many of ya, this might be your only trip to Cooperstown without a tourist badge.
- NY Yankees pitcher, playing in a National League game, hurt his foot so bad that he's out until September. For the non-fans reading this. Baseball is split in two leagues. The National League, where the Cubs play, had every player play the field and bat, IOW, the pitcher hits and runs. In the wimp-ass American League there is a designated hitter who hits for the pitcher. The NY Yankees co-chairman is upset, "The National League needs to join the 21st century," he fumed. "That was a rule from the 1800s."wa-wa-waaaaa!
I'm down to 17 for today!
1. Feministing passes on the news that McCain was thisclose to holding a fundraiser with a man who likes to tell rape jokes...in public.
2. The Feminist Peace Network discusses why women are not in the media...with a quote from me too!
3. MICHELLE OBAMA WATCH - Subscribe this new blog/service
4. Chicago Moms Blog
5. Kim at MOMformation is looking for things to do in DC for her kids.
6. Queen of Spain spreads the Girl Effect.
7. Latina Lista on abandoned children & immigration
8. Second Innocence is looking for your definition of feminism - By THURSDAY!
9. Robyn at Work it, Mom - Full-time, All the time digs old skool bday parties
10. Brain, Child wants to know if we should raise our kids with our political values.
Thursday: Voracious Vegan
Friday: Hormone-colored Days
Saturday: What Wuz I Saying? (I think we're having a NCLM crush)
Sunday: Busted Babymaker
Monday: Life in the White House
Technorati tags: baseball