02 January 2009
Looking ahead to 2009
Instead of resolutions for this new year, I want to make goals:
1) Not to accept anymore book reviews until I finish the ones I'm already committed to. Speed reading thru books is not fun or lend itself to a quality review. That said, my to-be-read-and-reviewed pile includes: Feminist Mothering, Labor Pains, Dancing at the Rivers Edge, and Dream in Color.
2) Be more physically active, even if that is walking more around campus (hurry up spring!)
3) Apply for two NSF grants
4) Write one journal paper for work
5) Write one magazine article (most likely not for a magazine you'll find in the check out aisle)
6) Get one op-ed accepted in a newspaper...even in this time of shrinking newspapers and space
7) Limit my blogging to only one more new blog...Someone's already approached me with "I'm brewing an idea." So she gets my one slot.
8) KNIT MORE
9) Reorganize my home office into more of a study/lounge/sun room since I don't work in it anymore
10) See my friends in social settings rather than just in work/networking settings
11) Be productive & relaxed during my daughter's gymnastics lessons = Starbucks + book
12) Have more fun with my family
Hmmm...one goal a month, that should be enough right?
Mary: The Adventures of Mary Shelley's Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Granddaughter by Brea Grant My rating: 4 of ...
WOW...this is my first post during the Coronavirus pandemic! I hope you and your loved ones are healthy and safe. Thanks to the Chicago Ch...
Braintown by Laura Hernandez My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews