And once again, I have the honor of being part of one panel that is in contention:
Social Media: The Pink Collar Ghetto of Tech?
When Keidra approached me for this panel, I knew it was an awesome idea because I struggle with this question a lot. I'm jazzed at the idea of sharing space with Jason Falls (the story of how we met very much relates to this panel!) and Shireen Mitchell (we once had dinner & talked forever about this topic!). If you have a moment, click on over and vote. If you have 5 moments, please post a comment. Apparently the SXSWi gods like comments.
I'm also voting &commenting for others. Here is my list of panels that I've voted (and possibly commented on) for SXSWi:
First is Cinnamon's panel: Self Doubt: Kill It With a Skillet. If you missed her panel this year, it was a smashing success.
- Interaction Jones and the Template of Doom
- Health Communities: Superheroes Who Need a Justice League
- Unpacking Gender: Men, Women, Technology and More
- Helping Women Gain More Visibility in Social Media
- Women Will Lead Gen-Y – What Will Men Do?
- Cybercrusading for Women : Rings We Will Not Kiss
- Latinas in Technology: Beauty, Brains and Blogging
- The Elevation of Black Women in New Media
- Dealing With Internet Drama In Feminist Discourse
- Sausagefest: Getting More Women Into New Media & Tech
- Hispanic Marketing After the 2010 Census
- Reaching Hispanics Through Government Mobile Apps
Hopefully I'll see ya in Austin.