Monday, August 4 to Sunday, August 10, 2014
The Latina Week of Action for Reproductive Justice is an initiative that elevates Latina leadership, power and activism to transform the cultural narrative via a collective call to action on critical reproductive justice issues facing our community.
Despite what the NYTimes thinks, reproductive justice is not a new term, rather one that comes from women of color organizing beyond the "pro-choice" box to ensure our work is not about one procedure, one action, but rather a holistic view of women's lives and how we make decisions about when, how, and why we become mothers or not.
To mark this week you can:
- Organize an in-district visit with your elected officials
- Host a rally, street action, community meeting or cafecito
- Write a blog (VLF is open for guest posts!)
- Mobilize using social media using the hashtags: #WOA14 and #RJrevolution
- Contact Angy@latinainstitute.org to learn more ways to get involved and share what you are doing