First of all I've been writing over at Bitch Media, mostly, about the election.
- As They Head to the Olympics, Women's Soccer is Fighting to Win Equal Pay
- Who Are the Women Behind the Trump and Clinton Campaigns?
- Don't Think the Supreme Court Matters? Think Again.
- Donald Trump Supporters Are Nostalgic for a "Simpler Time"—That Never Existed
- Trump’s Racism Could Backfire As He Inspires Latinas to Go Vote Against Him
I also wrote two pieces about Brock Turner at Mom.me.
I also spent the summer wrapping up my last job working with women in STEM students. I left that job in August and am now focusing on my writing full-time as well as consulting with others, mostly academics and authors, on their social media strategies.
That means summer went by faster than it I would have liked it, but that's the cookie that life crumbled for me.
On the other hand, I did get a lot of reading done so I have a few book reviews to share with you all soon!
AND...lastly, my daughter turned 13. Who knows what I will feel like I can here or other places about now being the parent of an official teenager. Ugh...the dilemma us parent bloggers face. Share that story so other parents can feel like they aren't the only ones? Or respect our child's privacy?
I hope your summers were awesome and that the school year has started off well. I do have a post about that soon!!
Thanks for reading,