Today at Work it, Mom! I'm complaining about Columbus Day.
Also, if you haven't noticed, but I joined the DonorsChoose Blogger Challenge. Thanks to the generosity of one reader & a good friend, one class is fully funded. BUT we still have $356 to go to fully fund Mr. B's classroom and their goal of buying books by women authors:
My students need to see 27 examples of women writers who are creating fiction that is captivating and relevant to their lives. I encourage the young women in my class to be leaders, and I am confident that they can help me make reading cool.
I'm not sure that by getting the girls to love reading that the boys will follow, but I do agree that the young women in his class need women authors to discover.
I have the following giveaways for anyone who donates at least $5 thru my donors page by the end of the month:
- A copy of Ellen Bravo's Taking on the Big Boys
Why Feminism is Good for Families, Business, and the Nation
- A copy of Leslie Bennett's The Feminine Mistake
- A copy of Gloria Feldt's War on Choice: The Right-Wing Attack on Women's Rights and How to Fight Back
- A University of South Carolina t-shirt from Ann Bartow of Feminist Law Professors
- And at least one more goodie to come!