It's been quite a few weeks for me. Let this gif speak for me:
- An essay on #365FeministSelfie and domestic violence was published at the Daily Dot.
- The Love Her, Love Her Not reading at Women and Children First was a smashing success. At least from my POV as we had a full room, great conversation and I looked out to many friendly faces.
- Before our great reading, Joanne Bamberger (our fearless leader & editor!) & I made an appearance on WGN-TV Midday News. Not only was I proud to represent the book on my hometown TV station, but I geeked out at all the Bozo memorabilia that was in the studio. AND..AND....Steve Sanders was super into the book.
- A few weeks earlier, I was also part of a Love Her, Love Her Not reading in Bethesda that was covered by CSPAN Book TV. A totally different crowd, but still a great conversation.
- Truthout commissioned an analysis of the sexism that has been a major part of the 2016 campaign on the GOP side.
- I launched the first of many essays about the 2016 presidential race for Bitch Media. If you see anything in pop culture that you think I should cover, send it my way!
- I gave a well received lecture at my campus on the history of feminist blogs.
- The latest news is that I was invited to be on the Latinas in STEM panel at the 34th Annual USHLI Conference. If you plan to be there, please let me know!