As you all know, I'm a busy chica and I pile up a lot of things that I want to share with you. In lieu of a series of blog posts, here are the highlights:
- EVENT:: The 3rd annual Grrrlz Rock! Concert Series. The largest event of its kind that we know of, nearly 50 female-led bands, speakers, dancers, filmmakers and comedians dominate the stage and inspire audiences through the month of November. Grrrlz Rock! is a movement of collaboration and connection. Acts get a chance to play for new audiences and female musicians get a chance to meet each other and learn from each other's experiences. This is in Eugene, Oregon.
- EVENT:: Feminist Ecology: Women and the Earth
Exhibition Opening ~ Tuesday, October 28, 5 - 8 p.m.
Exhibition ongoing through November 7
Koehnline Museum of Art, Oakton Community College, Des Plaines campus
Sponsored by the Women’s and Gender Studies Program at Oakton, this juried exhibition features art by women artists from across the Midwest. Meet and talk with the artists about their work at the Opening Reception.
Free admission - For more information call 847-635-2633.
Art by Gabriella Boros, titled Destiny/Desire 2.
- SURVEY:: Last December I blogged about how the NYTimes ran a brave account by Kelly Valen about being raped and the backlash she received from her "friends." Kelly emailed me a few days ago asking for our help on her new book. She would like your feedback on your experience and feelings about your relationships with women. It could take you 5 minutes or an hour because she leaves plenty of space for you to tell your stories. I'd say it took me 20 minutes, but I didn't give as many details I as could have due to it being midnight when I started the survey.
- My posts at AWEARNESS included:
Is the Air in Your Home Fresh or Toxic?
Blog Action Day 2008 - Poverty
Who Should Be at the Debates?
What Power Should a Sheriff Have in Terms of Evictions?
Anything You Can Do, She Can Do Better
- My first post at Girl w/Pen came out this week!
Don't forget that VLF is participating in the DonorsChoose Blogger Challenge. We already have one class funded, let's get that second one funded! The teacher is requesting funding to buy books by women authors. Also don't forget that I'm giving out goodies to a few select peeps who donate!